In Between


In Between  
       

I am now close to turning 26 this May 19, 2013; and I haven’t reached my first goal yet. Still I’m thankful that I have lived this far, 25 years and counting. Nobody said that it would be easy. I never thought that it would be this hard either. My first goal was to graduate in college. When my father passed away, I started to do things my way; unfortunately depression took over and mess me up big time. It was because I was young and foolish back then. I was this close to reaching that goal but seeing only a little sign of hope I immediately took a detour. At that point of my life I was financially, emotionally and physically exhausted, so I then decided to take a break. I thought real hard why I’m doing all this, for what purpose. I never found the answer but did discover some clues. I know I still have time to figure it out.
   
If we want something real bad, nothing can really stop us from reaching it, if we really want to. But we need to consider our current situation as well, this is the part I like to call “reality check”.  I learned that it’s also important to know what we really want or we’ll end up chasing the wrong dream.  It will save you more time. It is also best to learn from your past mistakes and to not dwell on them too much or else it will prevent you from moving on. I figured that having a degree would have been really fulfilling because it was a promise I made to my father. I guess it will take a while for that promise to be fulfilled.

I really haven’t gone that far in life yet. So here I am an undergraduate, still single but happy. I currently work at a call center and get paid just enough to pay the bills. I love my job because I really like the people I’m working with but the reality check part would always pop up. It’s like a reminder from time to time.  Honestly I’m a little worried since I haven’t save any for myself. I’ll do something about that part soon. I’ll try not to panic and be patient about it.

Above all, since all of us will die eventually. Hahaha!  It is best to just enjoy the ride; life is indeed a discovery. It might take a life time and some dreams might not be fulfilled. But maybe just maybe if there is such a thing called as the after-life; we will continue to reach those earthly dreams from there.

PS. Ponder on this please...

A stanza from the song “Warning” by Incubus

I suggest we learn to love
ourselves before it's made illegal.
When will we learn? (When will we learn?)
When will we change? (When will we change?)
Just in time to see it all come down.
Those left standing will make millions
writing books on the way it should have been.

It’s great to be alive…

Comments

Popular Posts