The Ability To Forget and Ruin the Chances of Winning P1,000,000.00

I haven't been my self lately. I've been thinking about a lot of things that my head is about to explode. I surprised myself when I can't find the keys to my room this morning. How silly of me to lock myself out, fortunately our land lady has a duplicate key. :) What's happening to me? I forgot my ID and badge last night and then my keys. How can one stop thinking anyway?  I'm beginning to feel that the human brain has a life of its own. It's really creeping me out.

Some thoughts can keep me up all night, thoughts that normally doesn't make any sense. I guess the most clever way to remedy one's ability to forget is to practice the ability of remembering. Selecting wisely the things or thoughts that we need to forget and remember. I hope you are in for a story today.

I remember a scenario once, back in college, it was a really boring afternoon, with nothing to do at all. One of my roommate's colleague, "Herb" (not his real name) decided to pay a visit since he was bored himself. Now before I start the story, I would like to give you a quick description of who or what Herb is. Herb has long hair and is someone who likes to smoke Marijuana, he has the weirdest thoughts and the funniest as well. The kind of guy who tells a joke with a serious face. Can you picture him out now? okay back to the story.

Once upon a time in Mindanao State University, it was a really boring afternoon when herb decided to pay a visit. Everyone was really quite in their decks and I squatted on the floor trying to entertain myself by reading a magazine. Herb did not even try to cheer everyone up, he just sat in front of me, trying to insert a conversation and I'd just nod in response. 

The Sacred Question

The conversation went well from a couple of nods, Herb now receives a response like "yeah", and then he asked me "Lou, what date is today?" I lazily answered with a yawn, "I really don't know. I'm really not that updated, in my mind there is no time." I giggled as I finished answering his question. He's face dumbfounded acting shock. He then stated his point with his voice a little louder this time, that really caught our attention. "You really should be updated, what if one day your walking down the street and a black van pulls over with a microphone and a camera in your face and asked, What is today's date? You have 5 seconds to answer the sacred question of the day and you will win P1,000,000.00.... 1,2,3,4,5... time's up. You just lost the chance of becoming a millionaire." hehehei ... and everyone laughed like there was no tomorrow. 

How Weird Can it Get?

I really can't imagine losing that amount of money with such a simple but silly question. Makes sense to me. hehei.. :)




Comments

RCboy said…
balotoy... nice story... i think i already have an idea who that "herd" is... hehehe i think he is also the one responsible for the pancit canton and the skyflakes imagination that became a reality... =)
hehei.. I knew mahinumduman jud nmu imung ka herd rc.. hehei iya name kay herb haha.. weird nga tao bai.. :)thanks for visiting rc boy, hope you will read my stories next time.

Popular Posts