Lu-Lu Goes to the Mountains (Mt. Daraitan Traverse to Tinipak River) #2

Dear Mt. Daraitan,


I just can’t forget about you. Only a day has passed since the last time I saw you but thoughts of you still linger. I am completely under your spell! I decided to pursue you no matter how hard the trail gets and in doing so you’ve given me so much body pain but it was all worth it. J











Ohhhh how beautiful are the trees that sheltered us from the rays of the sun which manages to slip through the leaves and branches!





I can still feel the cool breeze that welcomed us after coming out from what I’ve described as the bamboo forest. We then reached the meadows that were swaying from side to side as the gentle wind blows.



 Excel really has an eye for beauty and he was able to capture mostly the ones that some people wouldn’t notice about you. I hope you can keep a secret and promise me you won't tell a soul? He’s gay! J Anyway, you’d definitely appreciate his photos. Isn’t it nice?









Reaching your summit while sitting on its periphery made me feel like I was the goddess of Olympus watching over the scenic view of the Sierra Madre mountain range. It was a moment I would never forget!





The extremities of your muddy and slippery trail as we descend down to Tinipak River was a struggle, however I still enjoyed it regardless of my discomfort. I slipped many times; I even made a perfect split which really hurt by the way. It was a good thing that I didn’t vomit this time though.





Thank you for giving me the chance to get to know my nephew better. I envy his energy. He simply careened through your muddy and slippery slopes. He was so fast that he was already ahead of us and was the first one to reach the base camp. I promised to become a good aunt by exposing him to nature more and hopefully to all four of my nephews in God’s time. J




P.S. Please give Tinipak River my sincere thanks. Her waters healed my tired feet and cleansed my muddy shoes and garments. I felt sad not able to swim in its waters since the current was too strong due to the heavy rain for the past few days but still Tinipak River was a sight for sore eyes. :) 







I will miss you, both of you and will surely visit you again, in the summer maybe. J

All my love,


Lou

Comments

Popular Posts