I hate Being Late

I've been late for almost half of my life. "An early worm gets to be eaten first" my brain probably, was programmed this way. I don't know what happened but in my elementary days, I was even awarded "Most Punctual", haha. If I would trace back my history, of being late, I have to say that it started in high school. I can still remember my adviser's face as the elevator door opened, he was there waiting and uttered the words which was almost like a whisper to me "Lou, how could you be late even on your graduation day?" for me I was just in time. I had to deal with one teacher in highs school but during college there were several of them. :) Their words seemed to have lingered until now.

I change their names to protect their privacy. Let's start with Ms. Ocfemia my professor in Humanities. As I entered the room my eyes searched for a vacant seat at the back, no luck for me only one seat was available in the front row. As I was seated, she looked at her watch and said "Ms.Villanueva your 30 minutes early for the next class" and everyone laugh.

I can't forget my professor in English 8, Mr. Alvarez, he was about to leave for a new job, before our finals so he decided to say farewell to each of us and said "I will never forget you class specially the one who always comes to class late" I covered my face with both hands acting embarrassed and giggled. He looked at me and said "ohhhh! I think she already knows who she is". Everyone in class laughed and started teasing me.

I had to include my professor in English 4 (English Literature) Mr. Esparza, he was discussing "The Man With a Hoe" by Edwin Markham. It was our first meeting when I arrived late, I greeted him good morning and said sorry for being late. I bowed my head as I walked in front of the class and spotted a seat, again in the front row. I was carrying a large backpack since I don't have the time to leave my things at the dormitory. I was really nervous when everyone was staring at me with my large backpack when he asked for my name. I introduced my self as Lou Veronica Villanueva. He then stated "nice name, so biblical", I replied "thank you". He did a really good job in focusing everyone's attention at me. He was looking at the attendance sheet and asked "now, where were we?". I don't have any idea what they were discussing when suddenly his eyes focused on my large backpack and asked "Ms. Villanueva, is the man with a hoe in that bag?". Blank and confused, I asked him back "ahhhh, ammmm, who's in my bag sir?" as usual everyone in class laughed. I got used to it eventually.

Last but not least, one of my professors in my major subjects, Ms. Carupo. I did not know about her scheme, did not even mention about me being late in class. Until I saw my grade of 3.00. I can't believe my eyes and approach her. I asked her kindly "excuse me ma'am, why did you gave me a grade of 3.00, when I passed all the exams and requirements?". She looked at me and said "asked your attendance". I scratch my head and said "ahhhhh ok! Thanks".

I'm not proud of being late at all and until now, I'm still trying hard not to be late. I think someone is reading this who can relate to those teachers mentioned above.

I wont promise, but I will really try my best not to be late next time.

:) :) :)






Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't just try, DO IT!! Hihi
haha.. who ever you are, thank you for dropping by.. :)

Popular Posts