Bus Rides

Traveling alone and sitting on a bus for eight hours sober was like meditating. Being silent for that long, alone with my thoughts, quietly observing people, admiring the scenic views of mountains and rivers; cooperating and showing your I.D without saying a word in a series of checkpoints actually felt liberating. 

Forging a path on my own to pursue a life that I love was something that I've always wanted to do. This path includes a butt-numbing and back aching bus rides which I think I’ll get used to eventually. I’d like to think that being able to bring my work as I travel is fortunate enough for me and for that I am grateful. I wouldn’t describe this as a leisure travel as it felt like I was visiting friends and relatives and eating nostalgic foods. The familiarity of the people and places I visited brings back a lot of childhood memories.

I still have 8 days before going back to Manila.


Since I started this a month ago, I didn’t have a plan and simply succumb to my resistance to take control. I wasn’t ready financially but felt ready emotionally and so I went and now I'm broke. But still happy.  J


P.S. The simple kind of life is the way to go but being broke just won't do either. 

Setting: Traveling from Iligan - Cagayan de Oro - Davao

Comments

Popular Posts