An Innocent Attempt

I like writing about people most because it allows me to appreciate the memories they left behind. I also like to start my story with once upon a time because it truly did happen once upon a time.
I haven’t written anything in a while and I feel like an itsy bitsy kitten. I just wanted it to rhyme that’s all and it reminds me of someone who used to write poems. So let the story begin.

I remember a friend back in college who likes to write as well. Once upon a time we became roommates and she introduced me to this book, which was very addictive because I kept coming back for more. 
                                                                                                                                                                




The title of the book was “You Have the Power to Create Love” by Bo Sanchez. Until now, I still am an addict of his books and it feels so good. Thanks to her.








Anyway about this friend of mine, she keeps a journal which contains her thoughts and feelings of an innocent attempt to find true love. I like reading her journal (with her permission).  I’m sure she wouldn’t mind if I mentioned it here that her first attempt really didn’t have a happy ending. 



When I first got my heart broken I turned into a shell-less terrestrial gastropod mollusc also commonly known as a slug, slow and very slow. She on the other hand became a monster, the kind that vomits. I’m sorry if I can’t find any appropriate word to describe how she reacted to the circumstances at the time.

She has the worst case of migraine and the little blue dipper was her best friend. No need for alcohol to turn her stomach upside down. I know that she also had a lot on her mind, not to mention the stress brought by her major subjects. Aside from the Engineering students, Information Technology and Computer Science were also considered hardcore and until now I still believe that C++ can cause nausea and vomiting. Not all were good memories. We eventually had our first roommate’s quarrel and if I remember it correctly, I think it was because I used the tub of water that she stored for emergency use. It’s definitely not a petty thing to be upset about since our school was located on the mountain part of Mindanao where the water doesn’t run very often. Some would even put locks on their buckets. In time we definitely made peace. Sorry is a very powerful word and a smile will always be the best response.

Hanging Around

 I always considered her as a hungry young poet. I used to ask her, where did these words come from and why do they rhyme so beautifully? There’s no doubt about it, I was her fan. 
Out to sea is a place where she'd rather be

She never really was around very often, most of the time she attends slumber parties. They dip their brains with codes and programming stuff. She always wanted to become a teacher, however she became curious and was just fascinated with technology that she chose the path where your brain gets fried all the time. It definitely paid off and on April 03, 2009 she finally graduated.




















She somehow became a teacher but only for a while. She said that being a teacher helps you to become more humble and generous. Like a mother who listens patiently to her children. Now, she's back in the BPO industry, just like me.


Time sure flies and her journey continues, searching for..... nevermind. :) and behold a spirit guide was sent to accompany her. The spirit guide's name is kelly.                                                                                       


The Spirit Guide


May you find whatever it is that you're looking for my friend. That indescribable feeling, you know what I mean. :) :) :) 

You will always have the power to create love. Take care!




















Comments

Popular Posts