It’s a Jungle Out There: Filled with Good People



I guess this blog was meant to thank people as well. 

Honestly, Manila was the place I thought I’d never last even for a month. I guess I was wrong; I’ve been stuck here for over a year now. I am typically a “probinsyana” who has set foot in an unfamiliar territory far from the comforts of fresh air and green scenery. It is a place where you have to ride a bus and travel for several hours, just to get to the nearest beach. Talk about pursuing nature, you will really appreciate something that is not within your reach. Now please don’t get me wrong, I am just stating that this is something, I was not used to.

At first I was finding my way through the busy bushes of traffic and people. I got used to it eventually. I made some friends but some people will judge you primitively and I mean literally primitive. Fortunately I was able to find a job and while I was in training and still adjusting, it just happened that I was sitting beside a person who was bored enough to start a conversation. She started by asking where I’m from and I proudly answered from "Iligan City". You can see a question mark on her forehead and with a follow up question. She asked, is that somewhere in Mindoro? I then answered no, it’s somewhere in Mindanao.

This person got more confused and ask the worst questions ever, “may Jollibee din ba doon?” I just laugh and said, of course there is, I’m not someone from the past who lives during the Spanish Colonization. Good thing for her a memory from her subconscious offered some help.  Ahhhh! "I heard about your place in the news. Is it safe to go there? I heard that there are many rebels in your area." I answered her yes, that there are indeed rebels but I can’t give any assurance concerning your safety though. For us who lived there for a long time, we’re used to it already. The next day and the following days after that, she never sat beside me. I think I scared her away and thank God for that.  Hahaha!

In a while I met some friends and some good people. They are the highlights of this journey and I thank them dearly. I guess I can name a few. J

To my cousin, Lady Christine Villanueva who has been so patient with me and helping me financially to kick-start my journey, knowing that I arrived here, with only P50 in my pocket and with just 4 pairs of underwear. Hahaha! I can’t thank you enough. We had our differences but I’m pretty sure we can work it out when the time is right.

To my sister Lou Vannessa Ann Villanueva for being there and accompanying me during interviews.

To my previous housemates who became my friends Daryl , MarK Paolo, Aprill Lee, Mia fe, Jezrel, to Mary Ashley and Pamela. To Ecoy, Cris, and Melody. You made a series of moments in my heart and memory. Thankyou!

To LJ Ventura, Celine, Kim, Mark Joshua for the friendship that never forgets. To Dulce and Airish for the craziness and openness. Thank you!

 Friendship fills the air. J                                   

Comments

Mai Layson said…
aw...very well said lou :)
Unknown said…
ito pala yun!amazing!mukhang dito mo mailalahad lahat ng insights mo sa lahat ng bagay Lou,made me realized this is far better than talking,sabi mo nga kung wala naman akong magandang sasabiuhin e itago ko na lang,well, I just can't help it alam mo yan..LOL!anyways good luck sa iyong blogspot journey!
at heto na naman tayo.. hehei thankyou josh, make your RD schedules available for swapping naman..

Popular Posts